HDFC Mutual Fund
- Equity markets are volatile due to increase in global oil prices and uncertainties related to upcoming general elections.
- Markets are fairly valued, small caps provide opportunities after a significant correction in last one year. However, due to current volatility, large caps are also preferred.
- In banking sector, growth has picked up. Asset quality is also improving.
- Consumer stocks are overly priced, not suitable to add to funds portfolio
- The Small cap and Midcap funds are managed with a conservative approach.
- Over long term, small and midcaps shall generate superior returns to large caps.